Offering insightful interpretive suggestions, pertinent fingering and historical and stylistic commentary, the Schirmer Performance Editions series is designed for Piano students and teachers, as well as professional pianists.
This volume contains 21 pieces by 8 composers, including Beach, Burgmüller, Chopin, Grieg, Gurlitt, Heller, Kullak, MacDowell, Nielsen, Reger, Schumann and Tchaikovsky.
Complete with online access to recorded performances, this book provides the intermediate level pianist with a newly-engraved collection of pieces from the Romantic Era, accompanied by historical notes and performance suggestions.
- Adagio for Glass Harmonica, KV 356 (617a) [Mozart]
- Allegro from Sonata in C Major, Hob. XVI/I [Haydn]
- Andantino in E-flat Major, KV 236 (588b) [Mozart]
- Funeral March for Signor Maestro Contrapunto, KV 453a [Mozart]
- German Dance in B-flat Major, WoO 13, No. 2 [Beethoven]
- German Dance in C Major, KV 605, No. 3 [Mozart]
- German Dance in C Major, WoO 8, No. 7 [Beethoven]
- German Dance in G Major, WoO 8, No. 6 [Beethoven]
- Piece for Clavier, KV 33B [Mozart]
- Rondo in C Major, KV 334 (320b) [Mozart]
- Solfeggietto in C minor, H. 220 [CPE Bach]
- Sonatina in C Major, Op. 168, No. 3 [Diabelli]
- Sonatina in C Major, Op. 55, No. 1 [Kuhlau]
- Sonatina in F Major, Op. 36, No. 4 [Clementi]
- Sonatina in G Major, Op. 20, No. 1 [Dussek]